The science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) behind one of America’s most famous and popular sports, IndyCar racing, will be featured April 19, during the Honda STEAM Connections Tour at The University of Alabama. Learn how drag, downforce, data analysis, kinetic forces, math, computational fluid dynamics, and ratios are crucial aspects of developing a championship-winning race team.
See how The University of Alabama's Formula SAE students develop and build their own race cars for national and international competitions!
- 2014 Indy 500 and 2012 IndyCar Champion Ryan Hunter-Reay to speak about STEAM
- The University of Alabama's state-of-the-art engineering demonstrations
- UA Student competition projects including Formula SAE, SAE Baja and NASA Robotics
- GreenpowerUSA scholastic electric vehicle build and race program
- The 2017 Crimson Racing SAE Formula vehicle revealed to the public for the first time